Entrepreneurship plays a very significant role in the economic development of the nation. Before embarking-upon any entrepreneurship, knowing the accurate procedures, risk factors and plannings are the crucial elements.
When one doesn’t get formal and practical training and conditions to prepare themselves for the coming outcomes in both aspects, survival becomes difficult for budding entrepreneurs.
In the absence of such development programs, entrepreneurs don’t come to know about the advantages which can be taken through proper guidance and knowledge.
Less awareness of present existing rules and regulations end-up in not acquiring basic competencies which is extremely required to make entrepreneurship a success.
The absence of such institutes make untouch the entrepreneurs with necessary elements like, management consultancy during the establishment period, subsidies and tax reliefs, proper marketing strategies, and many more.
By keeping all the requirements and skills in consideration, an autonomous and charitable Entrepreneurship development institute of India was established in 1983 in Ahmedabad, Gujrat.
It is completely an non-profitable or unremunerative institution of India which is not commercially motivated thoroughly. The funding is done by the pinnacle and vertex institutions of finance. It is sponsored by IDBI Bank, IFCL Ltd. , ICICI Bank and SBI.
The government of Gujarat impledged 23 acres of land, where the campus of EDII is infrastructured. To fulfill the objective of EDII, it has started 12 more state level development centres and institutes exclusively for entrepreneurship.
EDII has been endeavouring to impart entrepreneurship in the curriculum of maximum schools, colleges and institutes to make reach to the maximum number of people. The Ministry of External Affairs (India) had assigned the work of spreading ED not just in the house of the nation but in the different parts of the world as well. It has successfully carried out ED centers in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan and looking forward to set-up in african regions soon.
How EDII is Helping Entrepreneurs to Develop Entrepreneurship Skills?
The programme of entrepreneurship of EDII can have you obtained help in different dimensions of your entrepreneurial journey. EDII helps through his strong and influential linkages to students to grow and build their network in entrepreneurship. It provides a platform to the students to spread their wings in a calculated risk zone.
- Creating a reliable will – EDII has several tie-ups with government and non-government sectors to avail more opportunities to take initiatives. The credibility comes when you go with the institute’s cognizance instead of going as an individual to create even the ambiance for entrepreneurship. It helps you in creating a reliable will that supports in every further process of entrepreneurship.
- Risk taking plannings – When one thinks to transit a traditional entrepreneurship to an progressive one, the risk factor gets higher which requires measured and calculated risk taking plannings. Such skills to get the enough amount of courage can only be gathered by practical practices that one gets in EDII. As technical skills can be learnt but emotional skills can only be developed.
- Utilizing the national resources – A business has no limits in availing the products beyond the geographical boundaries of a nation, whereas entrepreneurships have such limits and such programs help to embark-upon new start-ups in the geographical boundaries of a country and utilise the resources of nation in nation only. This indirectly helps the economy of the nation. However one would be able to satiate the supply where the demand gets risen from.
- Executing the ideas into reality – Entrepreneurship development institute of India is working on the deeper enrooted problem of the nation like India where youth has innovative minds along with having no skills to transfer the ideas into execution. Such institutions help youth in executing their ideas into reality and to get the society and self utmost benefit by providing them proper training and learning.
- Preparing for the losses – Failures and losses are the unavoidable elements of an entrepreneurship. But when one gets such elements without having any pre-prepared plannings, then it ends up in the wrap-up of entrepreneurship. To avoid such situations to come, these programs help a lot. These programs prepare you for the upcoming loss factors they one may have.
- Increasing the innovative productivity – EDII renders you the experience of experimenting in your work which gives you the estimation of almost every mistake that you may attempt while learning. It benefits you in such a way that it helps you in attempting always fresh mistakes in order to learn new every time and that increases the innovative productivity of your work.
- Learning from the experiences – EDII opens the doors for plenty of opportunities as it has its own unique curriculum, abundance of activities happening in its infra, highly qualified faculties and their experiences of their respective fields.Being the student of EDII itself help them in building their own network which help them in their own venture.
- Networking – EDII has its successful alumni network who are accomplished entrepreneurs. Their experience of being an alumnus/elumina and of being a success at venture will certainly help new learners in order to grow their own kingdom in the entrepreneurial world.
- Collecting Funds – Being a part of EDII helps you in collecting funds and angel investors. The credibility and reliability get increased with the name EDII. Span of time is also an element that brings credibility as EDII has been preparing entrepreneurs for the last 3 decades.
Eligibility and procedure to get admission in EDII
Several courses, diplomas are being provided by EDII and each course has its own requirements and eligibility criteria. But there is a certain parameter for overall courses.
Candidates must be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree with 50% or its equivalent CGPAfrom a renowned university. But if the candidates belong to Scheduled castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and from a Differently Abled (DA) category then the minimum 45% is required.
Candidates who are appearing for the final year of their bachelor’s degree and who are awaiting for their result and degree after having an appearance in exam, can also apply.
Candidates must have appeared in one of the following entrance exams like, CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, and must have scored the minimal requirement scores.
Through the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) eligible candidates are shortlisted.
Final merit list gets prepared on the basis of the learner’s performance in Entrance test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and any other academic or extracurricular achievement.
Application form for EDII can be filled offline and online both. Through the website of EDII, application form can be filled and registration fee can be submitted. For the procedure one needs to fill the form which is available on EDII’s website and send the demand draft at EDII Ahmedabad.
In the absence of proper planning and execution may entrepreneurs fail miserably. But EDII lessens the chances of having such a situation for entrepreneurs. Running a venture is not easy but nurturing it with proper growth is a challenging process which accumulates your dedication, perseverance, patience, belief in your work and so many more elements. That’s what such institutes do. Such institutes become the catalyst in the process of becoming an entrepreneur.
I hope this article will solve all your queries regarding the Entrepreneurship program and will help you in the journey of making your own entrepreneurial arena a success.